If you are on a Mac and are installing animBot for the first time, you might need to allow some files to run. If you see the message below, please follow these steps:
1) Click on Cancel
2) Close Maya (very important!)
3) Uninstall animBot
- Delete the folder $HOME/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/scripts/animBot
4) Install animBot
- Download animBot again at animbot.ca/versions and make sure the file size is about 95MB or more.
- Extract the downloaded zip and copy only the folder animBot to $HOME/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/scripts/
5) Remove the quarantine attribute from animBot files
- Open the terminal and run the following command, replacing the animBot directory location accordingly.
xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /$HOME/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/scripts/animBot
6) Disable Gatekeeper temporarily.
- Open the Terminal app and enter the following command syntax:
sudo spctl --master-disable
- Then hit return and authenticate with your administrator password.
- Relaunch System Preferences and go to Security & Privacy, and you will see a new option "Allow apps downloaded from Anywhere":
7) Launch Maya and animBot
- If you don't have the shelf button to launch animBot, run this python command:
import animBot; animBot.welcome()