Nothing works, animBot doesn't load or is broken?
The most common cause for this error is either a failed/incomplete download, a duplicated animBot folder in another location or wrong files in animBot folder due to the OS preventing replacing or deletion of files. If a normal installation doesn't work, please try the following:
1. Download animBot again at animbot.ca/versions and make sure the file size is about 95MB or more.
2. Close all Maya instances, preferably restart Windows/Mac/Linux to make sure there's none in the background.
3. Navigate to maya/scripts:
4. If a folder animBot is present, delete it. Extract the downloaded zip and copy only the folder animBot to maya/scripts.
5. Launch Maya and animBot. If you don't have the shelf button to launch animBot, run this python command:
import animBot; animBot.welcome()
If the above still doesn't work, it could mean that animBot is installed in multiple locations, so even if you install in the correct directory, Maya may load it from somewhere else, where a broken installation may exist.
The most common place users unintentionally copy animBot to is "../maya/<version>/scripts". For instance, if you have Maya 2021 installed, close all Maya instances, navigate to the directory below and remove animBot from there:
The goal is to end up with one single animBot installation, no matter how many Maya versions you have in your system.
If by this point animBot still doesn't work, please follow the additional steps described in this article.
Enterprise Edition users
Do not follow this installation method, please follow the guide provided to you by email instead.